Date(s) - Sunday, May 6th, 2018
In any given year, about 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. — that’s 43.8 million, or 18.5% — experiences a mental disorder. Worldwide, mental and behavioral disorders account for approximately 7.4 percent of the global burden of disease, and represent the leading cause of disability—accounting for 22.2% of years lived with disability globally. It’s estimated that more than 75% of people with severe mental disorders in low- and middle-income countries receive no treatment for their disorders, and even in high-income countries, 35-50% of such individuals never receive care.
This year, the Global Fund for Mental Health is proud to support the Global Mental Health Program’s pioneering work by sponsoring a team in this year’s TD Five Boro Bike Tour. All proceeds from your ride are tax-deductible and will support thoughtful, comprehensive, and innovative research and program initiatives around the world that benefit millions of people suffering from psychological distress.
Join us! As a Global Fund for Mental Health team member, you’ll enjoy:
- An “early start” on the morning of May 6th — allowing you ample time to enjoy the sights and sounds of the route,
- A light breakfast before we set out,
- Lunch in a special tour hospitality area,
- A souvenir t-shirt and cap, and
- The satisfaction (and associated tax deduction) of supporting worldwide advances in mental health treatment.
Visit the Global Fund for Mental Health to register and for more information.